Wealthy cryptocurrency investors are shifting huge sums of digital currencies as Bitcoin’s price dips below $26,000. According to new data from Whale Alert, a platform that tracks large cryptocurrency transactions, these investors have moved more than $730 million in Bitcoin, Ethereum, and XRP. Most of these funds are either entering or leaving major crypto exchanges like Binance, Coinbase, and Kraken.
For Bitcoin alone, Whale Alert reports transactions totaling around $458 million, including significant transfers like:
- 2,881 BTC (worth $76 million) moved from an unidentified wallet to Coinbase.
- 799 BTC (worth $20.8 million) sent from an unidentified wallet to Binance.
- 4,000 BTC (worth $104 million) transferred between unknown wallets.
- 1,500 BTC (worth $39 million) moved from Bitfinex to Kraken, and so on.
Bitcoin’s current trading price is $25,851, reflecting a 4.8% decline in the last 24 hours.
As for XRP, linked to Ripple Labs, Whale Alert notes around $240 million in transactions. Some notable movements include:
- 29.6 million XRP (worth $15.1 million) sent from an unknown wallet to Bitstamp.
- 424.3 million XRP (worth $214.3 million) transferred between unidentified wallets.
XRP’s current trading price stands at $0.50, showing a 2.89% drop in the last 24 hours.
Finally, an Ethereum “whale” transferred 21,240 ETH, worth nearly $35 million, from an unidentified wallet to Coinbase. Ethereum is currently trading at $1,631, a 3% decrease on the day.